THE MOST IMPORTANT GRADE! 4-6 GRADERS NEED TO BE TRAINED TO READ FOR A LONG PERIOD OF HOURS!
SRC provides comprehension question set of questions, vocabulary sets, as well as AUDIOBOOK for all the listed books below. Please bring your OWN BOOK to the club center.
4~6 grade reading is about getting faster and better at reading. Your child already has his basic reading skills in hand. Now he’ll focus on using them with greater ease. Children in the this grade continue to work on the mechanics of reading, especially vocabulary skills, and expanding the number of words that they comfortably use. They’ll also work quite a bit on reading comprehension, learning and using strategies to understand, interpret, and evaluate text.
After the big third and fourth grade frontier of “reading to learn,” rather than “learning to read,” they will read more complex stuff in every area. In literature, expect full length chapter books; but also expect new and challenging reading from social studies and science textbooks. These are important foundations for middle school: kids need to be able to harvest information from texts that aren’t necessarily “fun” reading. This is also a good time to enrich good reading habits. Be sure to invite your child to join you in reading and in talking over the news. You may get only grudging acknowledgment at first, but take heart: you are supporting your child.
- Read with understanding and fluency
- Use graphic organizers to aid comprehension
- Visualize descriptions and details
- Can follow and give sequential directions
- Can summarize a story
- Can use past experiences to identify with characters
- Compare and contrast various things
- Understand cause-and-effect relationships
- Can use basic rules with quotation marks in dialogue
WE WILL PROVIDE
- COMPREHENSION QUESTION WORKSHEET
- VOCABULARY LIST
- AUDIO BOOK TO TRAIN FAST READING